Tuesday, July 24, 2012

And in God I Will Find My Strength

This year has been full of loss and remembering people we've lost in the past year.

Unfortunately, I lost my great-uncle Allen this past Sunday to a cancerous tumor but Heaven received another angel. It is always hard losing someone you care about and love BUT I know he isn't suffering anymore. That is the thing that comforts me, knowing he isn't suffering anymore!

My grandfather passed away this past April. I had a much harder time with it than I thought I would considering I wasn't too close to him. I guess it's the fact that he was my grandfather and I wished I could've spent more time with him.

This past Friday, July 20th, was the one year mark of Lucille passing away. She was my best friend's mother. She was such a sweet lady and almost like a grandmother to me. She reminded me of my own grandmother who passed away 11 years ago. Sometimes it hurt so much when I'd see her because she would remind me of my grandmother. I am so thankful for the few months I got to spend with her and help take care of her. I wouldn't trade those months for anything.

Just like the picture below says, I will forever keep them safely tucked in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.